At the beginning of the 21st century, along with the growth of the migration movement, the protection of migrants' rights, the regulation of migration processes by the states, the issues of the state's sovereignty, its security, and, at the same time, internal socio-political conflicts became relevant.
This conference is the best way for local and international researchers and policymakers to discuss together the results of modern academic research and present a wide range of issues related to migration in a more general - European and international perspective.
Both experienced and young scientists, including doctoral students from Georgia and European Union, will participate in the conference.
As the conference is interdisciplinary, the papers can be accepted about the following topics:
- Migration and Development.
- Causes of Migration and Responses.
- Migration as a human right and as a social challenge.
- Attitudes towards migrants - integration and reintegration.
- Illegal migration – violation of the law or opportunity?
- Eco-Migration - Impact of Climate Change on Migration.
- Post-Pandemic Asylum Seeking and Seeker Reception Procedures.
- War and Migration - Economic, Political and Existential Crisis.
We are pleased to invite academic staff, including doctorate students, young scientists and industry experts from both Georgian and foreign authorized higher education institutions to participate in the international conference, which will be held both in online and in-person format.
The conference papers will be published in the special edition of the scientific journal “Vectors of Social Sciences” of Georgian National University SEU (https://www.seu.edu.ge/en/1719/) or in a journal of Faculty of Economics and Management of Lazarski University ,,Economic and Political Thought” (https://mysl.lazarski.pl/en/about-us/).
Registration for the conference is open until December 29th, 2022.