University Library works again
Dear Users, University Library is now available to you. The ONLY way to enter the Library is through the sector D. We follow the guidelines and act in accordance with the restrictions imposed by the pandemic status that help to ensure SAFETY:
- Only one person can be at the library counter at a time,
- A social distance of at least 1.5 m should be maintained,
- The maximum number of people staying in the Library at one time is 37,
- All users entering the Reading Room must be registered by the available librarian,
- Only one person is allowed to stay in the individual work cabins,
- The cabins for individual work can be used only by one person during the day and are disinfected at the end of each work day,
- Books and magazines from the Reading Room are given by the librarian (after 3-day quarantine, which is obligaroty after every use),
- An order for materials from the Reading Room is placed by e-mail or in person to the available librarian. The list must contain bibliographic data that uniquely identifies the book and the reference number of the Library of Congress,
- Ventilation of the Library and disinfection of surfaces as well as used equipment are carried out between 12.00-12.30,
- If there are clear signs of illness, persistent cough, malaise, difficulty breathing, a person with such symptoms will not be admitted to the Library.
Disinfection and ventilation of the library are carried out during the break between 12:00 and 12:30:
Monday 8:00 -16:00
Tuesday 8:00 - 16:00
Wednesday 8:00 - 16:00
Thursday 8:00 - 16:00
Friday 8:00 - 16:00
We enable loans: library users can only place orders via the online catalogue. Books from the Circulation and Store are lent on an unchanged basis.
We enable ordering scans of books and magazines from the library's collections. Orders are accepted at the e-mail address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. One library user can order scans of 3 titles, up to 22 pages each, once a week. Students writing their thesis can order scans of 5 titles, up to 22 pages each, once a week.
Loans can be returned only through the drop-off box located in front of the University building at the entrance to sector D. In accordance to the recommendations, the book remains in quarantine for 3 days after the return. After this period, it returns to circulation.
We would like to inform you that the deadline for returning all borrowed books has been extended to 31 May 2020. From 9 March 2020 to the end of May no fines are charged. Any fines charged before and after this period will have to be paid.
Please pay the fines by bank transfer to our account:
In the title of the transfer, please provide your details (first name, surname, album number or library card number) and the information "Library - special fee". Please send a confirmation of the transfer to our e-mail.
PROQUEST EBOOK CENTRAL changes the rules of sharing its materials
Until mid-June 2020, all users have unlimited access to titles purchased from the publishers. The list of participating publishers will be constantly updated.
PROQUEST EBOOK CENTRAL is our largest multi-domain database of electronic books. After creating an individual account, the website allows you to create your own bookshelf, take notes, highlight specific parts of the text, and create citations. Having an account, you can also "borrow" books and use it offline. The base can be fully used both from a computer and from a tablet or phone.
Lazarski University Library,
02-662 Warszawa ul. Świeradowska 43, sector F, I floor
+48 22 54 35 392 (Director)
+48 22 54 35 390 (Borrowings Room and Reading Room)
+48 22 54 35 391 (Workroom and Storage)