Dear Users, University Library is available to you. We follow the guidelines and act in accordance with the restrictions imposed by the pandemic status that help to ensure SAFETY:
- Only one person can be at the library counter at a time,
- A social distance of at least 1.5 m should be maintained and cover mouth as well as nose with a mask,
- The maximum number of people staying in the Library at one time is 30,
- Number of available computers has been decreased in order to maintain distance between working places at least 1.5 m,
- All users entering the Reading Room must be registered by the available librarian,
- Only one person is allowed to stay in the individual work cabins,
- The cabins for individual work can be used only by one person during the day and are disinfected at the end of each work day,
- If there are clear signs of illness, persistent cough, malaise, difficulty breathing, a person with such symptoms will not be admitted to the Library.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m - 7 p.m
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We enable ordering scans of books and magazines from the library's collections. Orders are accepted at the e-mail address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. One library user can order scans of 3 titles, up to 22 pages each, once a week. Students writing their thesis can order scans of 5 titles, up to 22 pages each, once a week.
In no case do we scan and send scans of entire books. Please provide the pages to be scanned after checking the table of contents in the online catalogue.
If the book is available, we encourage you to borrow it. Therefore, we scan fragments of books only from the reading room, which are in one copy or when all copies are borrowed.
Loans can be returned only through the drop-off box located in front of the University building at the entrance to sector F. In accordance to the recommendations, the book remains in quarantine for 3 days after the return. After this period, it returns to circulation.
Please pay the fines by bank transfer to our account:
Fundacja Uczelni Łazarskiego
ING Bank Śląski S.A., Oddział 1 w Warszawie,
66 1050 1025 1000 0023 5370 6811
In the title of the transfer, please provide "UKRAINA". Please send a confirmation of the transfer to our e-mail.
How to search and order a book, magazine, thesis…
How to search?
Step 1: biblioteka.lazarski.pl/Opac5
Step 2: In the upper right corner, click on the human icon and log in using the e-mail address and password provided when activating the Library account
Step 3: Select the home page in the top left corner
Step 4: Enter a search term, e.g. author name, title, keyword
Step 5: Mark what you want to search by: author, title, subject, etc.
Step 6: You can narrow your searches to a specific type of document, e.g. books, year of publication, language, publisher, etc.
As a result of the search, we get a list of bibliographic descriptions. Next to each description there is information about whether it is available.
How to order?
To order or reserve an item, you must click the Borrow button next to the description for any item.
A window will appear with information about how many samples are available for ordering.
If all copies are on loan, you can reserve the book, which means that after someone returns the book, it will be automatically ordered through the system.
The next step is to wait for an e-mail confirming that the item has been prepared and pick it up at the Library within 48 hours.
Operations related to borrowing (information about the date of return or the possibility of extension) - only after logging in!
You log in to your account using the login, which is the e-mail address provided in the dean's office system, and the password that was set when activating the library account.
Extension of the loan period is possible only 7 days before the initial return date. This possibility is going to be active till the initial return date of the given item. Books return date can be renewed twice. All of the renewals are counted, not only self-executed. The renewal is going to be provided for the same period as the item was borrowed; in the case of books issued by the circulation desk – for one month. The procedure can be started only after successful logging to the library catalogue.
- Enter the bookmark Orders, under the book description there will be a key: EXTEND.
If the process is done correctly, there will be a message: EXTENSION WAS MADE CORRECTLY. RETURN DATE WAS EXTENDED BY X DAYS.
- The given book can have only two extensions. After the limit is reached, the system will show the following message: EXTENSION IS UNAVAILABLE. LIMIT WAS REACHED.
- You cannot renew the book that was order by another user. The following message will appear: EXTENTSION IS UNAVAILABLE. THE BOOK IS RESERVED.
- Books are extended only 7 days before the return date. The attempts to extent the date prior to that period will result in the following message: EXTENTION IS UNAVAILABLE. TOO EARLY FOR AN EXTENSION.
- You cannot renew return dates if you have an expired book or unpaid fee for not returning items on time. The following message will appear: EXTENSION IS UNAVAILABLE. YOU HAVE AN UNRETURNED ITEM. EXTENSION IS UNAVAILABLE YOU HAVE AN UNPAID FEE.
Medical journals at Lazarski
The basic source of the medical scientific publications is PubMed database, created by National Institutes of Health (USA). It consists of internet archive (repositorium) of the articles from the PubMed Central (PMC) biomedical journals, which enlist more than 4 million articles in the full text form. What is more, the search also checks the commercial servers of the medical periodicals. The results of the search can be sorted by number of different criteria. After choosing a specific article, you can see the detailed bibliographic description as well as abstract. You can also find links to the publisher website (full text links). If the article selected was published by the publisher which is subscribed to by the Library (for example SpringerLink – because we are beneficiaries of the national license), we can open the full article in both html and pdf formats.
When using PubMed you should select free full text option on the left side of the window. The results of the search will be a full-text article marked as Free PMC or Free. The latter do not comes from the PMC repositorium – they are usually published online Open Aaccess publications, that is accessible for freeon the Internet. Most of those publications include valuable materials recognized in the international bibliographies.
Likewise, for example, in bibliography you can select the option Sources (that is titles of periodicals or books), and next select the Subject area, like Medicine. You will receive ca. 13,000 results. But if you click the option Display only Open Access journals, the number or results will be ca. 1,300. Additionally, you can organize the results of the search not only alphabetically but also according to the specific details of the SCOPUS bibliography. For example, after selecting CiteScore as a criterion for organization, you will receive the list of periodicals organized according to the number of citations that every article received. Click on the title of the given journal. The option View all the documents will enable the view of the articles. Selecting the View at the publisher option you will be redirected to the full text. In the case of the publications that are not in the Open Access, you will receive the full text only when the journal licenced to this University, that is a license (national, consortial or institutional) has been obtained by the Library.